Home                                        About                                       Our Apartment                                        Contact




Friday, September 28, 2012

{Make} Taco Salad

I downloaded a new app on my phone.  Which is good and bad, really.  Here's why: I record everything that I eat, and this little app tracks my caloric intake.  Which, by the way, needs to decrease... by a lot.  And since this app has made its debut into my life, I'm shocked to discover that I am totally unaware of what a 110 calorie 1 oz portion of cheddar cheese looks like.  It's not much. The funny thing is, knowing that I'm going to have to track what I eat (proof, if you will) keeps me (sorta) from overindulging.  Heck, I even kept cheese off of my black bean soup the other night.  It didn't need the extra 110 calories to be delicious.

Anyway, this is a long winded way for me to say, "Holy (four letter word)!  I just ate 700 calories at lunch????"

So my wheels are turning...  how can I cut calories here and there?  Compromising without compromising.   And that's just what I did when I was hardcore craving Tex-Mex.  I wanted a taco salad, but realized layers of creamy guac, sour cream, and beans weren't going to win me anything but love handles.  So I made a salad with beans, onions, avocado, tomatoes and olives.  I squeezed some fresh lime juice and a sprinkle of salt on the salad, and very sparingly added grated cheese, a touch of low-fat sour cream, and picante sauce.

I did put this mix in the obligatory taco shell.  And I ate it (the shell). Oops.  But I recorded it!

A work in progress...

Have a great weekend you all.  Go and enjoy 700 calorie margaritas for me! (I'm such a buzzkill!)

DSC_0015
DSC_0022
DSC_0018

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts