Home                                        About                                       Our Apartment                                        Contact




Wednesday, September 5, 2012

{Food} Trout With Mushroom & Bean Ragout

DSC_0002 As summer comes to a close (temperatures, please drop, and asap.), the heat here in Dallas seems to persist.  Which of course, leaves me wanting light and healthy meals.

I've already mentioned before that chorizo and beans are somewhat of a staple in my pantry.  And with the desire to be frugal, I wanted to buy as little as possible and use what I have.

For the purposes of full disclosure, I will say that I've seen the flavor combinations below numerous times.  However, I, until recently, have never put them together.

In twenty minutes, a great summery dish was on the table.

I first cooked the chorizo, adding bits of diced shallot and garlic.  Once I felt that the chorizo was almost finished I added diced shiitake mushrooms.  I let those cook a bit more, seasoning with salt and pepper and then added the can of beans.  (I drained and rinsed them first.)  I then readjusted my seasonings and added a generous cup of crisp, white wine.

While that was reducing down, I roasted some cherry tomatoes in the oven.  In a foil pouch, I threw in some butter, white wine, shallots and garlic, and let them roast.

I cooked the trout in a pan, crispy skin side down.  I laid the fish atop of the ragout of beans and mushrooms, topping it with my roasted cherry tomatoes and finished the dish with chopped romaine tossed in a light vinaigrette.

Easy Peasy.  And Delicious.

DSC_0016

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts