Home                                        About                                       Our Apartment                                        Contact




Wednesday, August 29, 2012

{Life} The Dallas Chapter

DSC_0536Anyone that knows me well, knows that I'm ready to say "see ya later" to Dallas.  This place has a lot of perks, but I'm ready to travel and find a new place to call home.  The hubs and I both share this wanderlust.  We've tentatively decided that Austin would be a great first move as a married couple.  It's close enough to his family, and awesome enough for my family to want to visit.

The thing is, are lease is up in August.  Yeah, yeah, I know it's the 28th of August.  I thought the same thing.  The landlord of the small apartment building where we live possibly forgot about our new lease?

And.... that would be no.  We received a lease renewal form on the 23rd.  Very timely, right?  Unfortunately, those 23 days really gave us a false sense of hope.  We could continue to live here, without the bindings of a lease, and move to Austin when we felt we financially were comfortable to do so.  Yeah, I'm going to stop my whine now.

I guess we'll just have to make this next year as awesome as possible.  I've been putting off painting our place for the last two years because I didn't know how long we'd be here, etc etc.  But two years has come and gone and that definitely should teach me a lesson.  Live in the moment.  Be happy where you are at the moment.  And "bloom where you're planted."

Currently blooming: 80 year old concrete pineapples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts