Home                                        About                                       Our Apartment                                        Contact




Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Headed Home (The current one)

Ohhhh man!  You all, today is my last day of my impromptu Raleigh trip.  It's almost over.  I'm sitting in bed, packed and ready to go (but not really).  And I just don't wanna!

Oh this trip has been so great.  I've had so much fun; had so many great Alyssa hugs, visited with my older sister, talked to my dad for hours, and admired my step mom even more than I knew I could (she's awesome to the max).  My heart is so full.

Buuuuut, I miss my hubs like crazy.  Did you know that this is the first time we've ever been apart?  As in, we've never been away from each other.  Yeah, crazy.  It just worked out that way.  We just like hanging out.

The best parts of this trip in this order, were, 1) seeing my family, 2) getting an iPad for my birthday (whoop whoop!), and the padre giving me photography lessons.

DSC_0196

Do you see this hunk of a thing? (I'm talking about the camera, not you, dad.  Sorry.)

DSC_0187

Dad's a photographer for a living.  He's a really great photographer.  I'm so glad that he started doing it professionally.  Anyway, he was kind enough to show me a few things.  

You all!  He gave me some lessons on how to shoot in manual, or as he calls it "getting off of the 'green' button."  It was a challenge, for sure.  But I'm feeling a little more encouraged to try and take photographs in manual.  By the way, I'm making no promises that I'll actually ever be any good.  But I'm going to try.
DSC_0192
Cute!
DSC_0189
And more cute.
DSC_0225
Not in manual, but being so darling.  She is such a happy person.
DSC_0249

DSC_0259
Also with new lens.
DSC_0242
Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts