Home                                        About                                       Our Apartment                                        Contact




Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crab Cakes for Two.

I think my biggest weakness is food. In fact, eating is one of my interests. Cooking is too. However, frugality is not my strongest suite. I don't skimp when it comes to food and have noticed an alarming trend over the years. I spend too much money on meals!

My other half and I were were craving seafood, so I decided to whip up easy and inexpensive crab cakes. I adapted the recipe from the Morton's Steak Bible.

Dinner cost all of $15 and took about 30 minutes to make. Not bad, really.

The basic instructions for this recipe:

Mix an egg, your preferred seasonings, a bit of mayonnaise and whisk all together. In a separate bowl place your canned crab meat, making sure to remove any shells. At this point add any additional things to the meat such as onion, bell pepper, or celery. Fold this mixture into the egg/mayonnaise combination. Mix well. With your hands make small balls of the mixture and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425 F for 8 minutes on each side.

DSC_0588

DSC_0592

DSC_0593

DSC_0598

DSC_0601
And Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts